- PUBLIC HEARING TOWN of CANAAN ZONING BOARD of APPEALS
A public hearing will be
conducted before the Canaan Zoning Board of Appeals on October 26th, 2021 at
7:00 PM at the Town ...
- Canaan Fire District 2022 Proposed Budget
- PUBLIC NOTICE: CANAAN FIRE DISTRICT BUDGET HEARING AND MEETING DATE CHANGE
CANAAN FIRE DISTRICT
is hereby given that a Budget ...
- FORMATION OF A SHORT TERM RENTAL LAW SUBCOMMITTEE
Planning Board Chair J. Pierre Gontier has formed a
Subcommittee to investigate the issues surrounding the temporary rental of
residential dwellings to transient ...
- K.I.S.S. SHREDDING DATES (KEEPING IDENTITIES of SENIORS SAFE)
1st Quarter: March 15-March 26
2nd Quarter: June 7-June 26
3rd Quarter: August 30-September 10
4th Quarter: November 29-December 10
- Attention Canaan Residents: 2021 Transfer Station stickers are available at the Town Clerk’s officeAttention Canaan Residents: 2021 Transfer Station stickers are available at the Town Clerk's office
- Hello from the Supervisor
Labor Day is on the horizon and COVID is still with us. Not in the sense of numbers of cases, the numbers ...
- Get Town Notifications
If you would like to be included in local update emails, please send your name and email address to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Notice is hereby given that the Preliminary Budget of the Town of Canaan for the fiscal year beginning January 1, 2020 has been ...
- Town Earns Clean Energy Community Designation
The Town of Canaan has been designated a Clean Energy Community by the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA), recognizing ...
To VIEW or PAY Canaan tax bills and payment status online, please click HERE
SIGN UP FOR COMMUNITY SOLAR
September 2021 Newsletter from Town Supervisor
Town Newsletter September 2021
Living in Canaan
Canaan has a population of less than 1,800 in an area of 36.7 square miles on New York’s border with Massachusetts in northern Columbia County, New York.
The town of Canaan includes parts of East Chatham, the rest of which is in the town of Chatham.
For more information call Stephanie Guelpa 518-781-0028.
If you need more information about town services or volunteer opportunities, ask the Town Clerk!
2021 Transfer Station Permit Stickers for Canaan Residents Only are now available at Town Hall during office hours …
Location: Town Hall Hours/days: Wednesday, 11:00 AM-2:00PM Contact: Volunteer opportunities: If you are interested in helping at these weekly lunches, please contact the Town...
EZ Passes for passenger vehicles only can now be purchased at Town Hall during office hours for...